WYAS has designed guides to help you understand more about archives and how they can affect you. We have tailored these guides to those with little, or no experience of archives and hope they may answer some of your questions.
Click on the title of a guide for a downloadable version, which you are welcome to print out and use. Please do not alter them in anyway and ensure you credit the information to West Yorkshire Archive Service if you use them in a training or group session.
If you have any problems downloading them please email email@example.com or call 0113 393 9774
- Creating a Time Capsule
- Oral History Main
- Oral History 1 - What Is Oral History?
- Oral History 2 - Where Do I Start?
- Oral History 3 - Preparing For The Interview
- Oral History 4 - Carrying Out The Interview
- Oral History 5 - Equipment
- Oral History 6 - After The Interview
- Preserving Your Personal Papers
It is hoped that they may also support community groups who are hoping to develop heritage and history projects.
WYAS has also produced Collections Guides and User Guides to widen access to its services and collections please visit the ‘Collections and User Guide’ page