As the archives we hold and care for are unique and irreplaceable, would you please follow these rules to protect them:
- • Please handle all documents with care, do not lean on them or mark them.
- • Please support volumes on one of the book rests provided and ask for weights if required.
- • Please keep all loose documents in order and ask a member of staff if you need help with re-packing a bundle.
- • Please hand all documents back to a member of staff before leaving the searchroom.
- • Please use a pencil for making your notes.
- • Please do not eat or drink in the searchroom. (This includes chewing gum and cough sweets)
- • Please do not smoke anywhere in the building.
- • If you are using the Bradford, Leeds or Wakefield searchrooms please place your bags (including handbags) in the lockers provided.
As we would like everyone to have as enjoyable a visit as possible could you:
- • Please respect the quiet working atmosphere by using the refreshment/reception/foyer areas for discussions.
- • Please switch off mobile telephones, pagers and personal stereos and put laptops on silent whilst in the searchroom.